Private health insurers have seen their costs increase markedly in recent years as usage of private healthcare and more expensive advanced medical technology has increased. Premium bases are being reviewed and now more closely reflect cost patterns. There are demands for new insurance products that meet health insurance needs at an affordable cost. These developments have led to increasing calls for actuarial analysis.
We have wide experience in claims and expense analysis in this specialised area. Projects include advice on claims reserving and product design as well as on premium rates and a range of general and operational matters.
We can advise on:
- the Appointed Actuary function,
- product design and pricing,
- design of administration systems,
- claims and expense analysis,
- technical reserve assessment,
- experience rating of group schemes,
- assessment of solvency, capital and IFRS requirements.