Competition, reduced investment income and increased compliance have combined to create a challenging environment for general insurers operating in New Zealand. We have wide experience in the development of appropriate actuarial and statistical solutions to our clients’ problems. We are the Appointed Actuary for several general and life insurers fulfilling the statutory role under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010.
We are able to provide the following actuarial services to our general insurance clients:
- Claims, expense and profitability analysis.
- Estimation of outstanding claims and premiums liabilities.
- Premium liability adequacy testing.
- Determination of risk margins.
- Solvency analysis.
- Prudential regulations actuarial requirements (NZ and Australia).
- Appointed Actuary services.
- Financial condition reports.
- Product design and pricing.
- Reinsurance analysis.
- Financial modelling.
- Customised statistical modelling using the R package.